Planning your wedding is a daunting task. Before I had years of experience as the owner of one of the top Nashville wedding venues and one of the top Nashville catering companies, I planned my small wedding.
I thought that I had an easy road ahead of me and that wedding stress wouldn’t take over me. Boy, I was wrong. Things were going smoothly until I hit a big snag with my stationer. I was in the stationery store with my fiance and chose my invitation, but needed to work on the wording overnight. The next day, the stationer was nowhere to be found! She ghosted me before ghosting was even a thing. I felt the wedding stress for the first time and had to figure out new solutions.
I was lamenting the stress of planning a wedding to my florist and she reminded me that every wedding had all the same parts and pieces as well as the same dreams. I have never forgotten that lesson and use it every day.
Hopefully, these questions will help you avoid the stress that I had before my wedding day.
What to Ask Your Nashville Wedding Florist
- Will you be doing my arrangements yourself, or will it be another floral designer?
- What design styles (i.e., traditional, modern, trendy, European) do you work in?
- Can you work within my budget?
What to ask your Nashville Wedding DJ
- How far in advance do I need to secure your services?
- What sets you apart from your competition?
- Are there any other services that you provide, such as lighting design?
What to Ask Your Nashville Caterer
- Can you provide a detailed list of inclusions and additional charges?
- Do you specialize in a particular cuisine? Will it fit my style & budget? Can I request a recipe?
Pro tip: Be sure the style of food fits what you envision for your wedding reception. Maybe there’s an appetizer or entree that is special to you and your family. It would be a definite plus for the Nashville catering company to work it into the menu.
- What do you already have, and what will you need to cook at this venue? It Is helpful to know in advance what items will need to be rented so that you know exactly what you are paying for
Note: Legacy Farms has it’s own in house caterer, A Catered Affair, so there are no additional charges or hidden surprises.
What to Ask Your Nashville Wedding Stationery Company
- May I see a full-sized invitation printed in this font before I make a decision?
- What will this cost to mail?
- Who will handle assembly – that is, take care of ribbons, bows, or other decorations?
What to Ask Your Nashville Wedding Planner
- How often do you expect to meet with me before the wedding?
- How do you charge – flat rate? Are there, add-ons?
- How much staff do enlist to help, what are their qualifications? What are their roles?
What to Ask Your Nashville Wedding Photographer
- What is your primary photography style?
- Does the package I am interested in include an assistant or second shooter?
- Should my event last longer than scheduled, will you stay? Is there an extra charge?
- After my wedding, when will I receive my photos?